< Go back
Mega Man Battle Network mystery data
The Mega Man Battle Network games feature "mystery data" that you can find on the Internet. The mystery data contains various items that can help you in the game. Some mystery data is fixed and can only be picked up once, whereas other mystery data is random and respawns when you come back to the area.
- Green Mystery Data (GMD) refers to random mystery data that respawns when you jack out. It is worth nothing that in MMBN1, random mystery data can be either green or blue; however, I will refer to it as a GMD anyway.
- Blue Mystery Data (BMD) refers to fixed mystery data that can only be picked up once. In MMBN1, fixed mystery data can be green, blue or purple; however, I will still call it a BMD.
- Purple Mystery Data (PMD) refers to a BMD that requires an Unlocker SubChip to open. This kind of mystery data does not appear in MMBN1, even though some BMDs can be purple.
- Yellow Mystery Data (YMD), also known as Gold Mystery Data, refers to random mystery data that only spawns under extremely rare circumstances. This kind of mystery data appears only in MMBN6.
- Battle Green Mystery Data (BGMD) refers to fixed mystery data that appears randomly in a battle. If you can finish the battle without it getting damaged, you can claim the reward.
I've extracted the drop rates for GMDs in some of the MMBN games. Download the tables below. All of them are encoded in UTF-8, so you might need to change your encoding to get it to display properly.
While it's not really Mystery Data, I've also extracted the contents of Item Panels and Bonus Panels in the Liberation Missions in Mega Man Battle Network 5. They are the same for both versions.